VARAC FESTIVAL @ MOSPORT

To: "varac@yahoogroups.com" <varac@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: VARAC FESTIVAL @ MOSPORT
From: Mike Rosen <mikerosen@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 23:02:10 -0400
The entry packages for this year's festival at Mosport, June 29-July 1
weekend, are in the mail this week.
This year, besides a Feature Race for the MG Vintage Racers and
Monoposto Racing (inc. F70) we are featuring the first ever TURNER
REUNION.

IF YOU KNOW ANYONE WITH A TURNER...LET THEM KNOW ABOUT THIS!

We hope to get as many  Turners as possible, racing or street, to
Mosport - If enough Racing Turners register, they will get a Turner only
race as well as the regular class races. And for everyone the "CHEAP AND
JUST FOR FUN TEAM RELAY RACE"

All VARAC members, many Thickos and most MGVR are on our mailing list
but... if you don't think you (or a friend) are, and want an entry
package, e-mail me.

This year as well we proudly, not actually proudly, but it seems we have
to fufill a contractual obligation with Public Health's Outreach Program
- announce the first ever LAWNCHAIR RACES.
Build'em, decorate, paint, even propel them as you wish, outfit them to
any spec...mine has dual cup holders - I left the wheels off because it
kept rolling into things and spilling my drink.  So here's your chance
to use up those left-over roofing nails and that old Yoohoo (the
chocolate drink of champions)  bottle.  Those garage sale size 42 boxers
may have a second life yet.

We fully expect most Thicko entries to involve fire and burning flesh -
or at the very least result in someone else bursting into flames -
electricity is in short supply on the front straight so PLEASE, keep any
single chair below 50 kilowatts, unless you can supply your own source
of hydro-electric generation.

As with every special (don't you just hate that about the new millenium,
everyone being special and all) invited group, there will be a
Lawnchair Race Participant Photo on the front straight and fabulous,
well maybe not fabulous but 'better than nothing' sorts of prizes like
framed signed photos of people you've never met, trophies from other
race events, awards from our sponsor ( a winery), a firm handshake with
a heartfelt 'well-done'...stuff like that.

More info will follow - but if possible, register ahead of time with me
- so park your butts and get abuild'in. Chairs may be a team entry.
Chairs may have to pass local building codes in regard to tire widths.
Entries from Pacific Rim nations may be subject to ridicule. Prize(s)
subject to subjectivity and are at the whim(s) of the judge(s). I am not
adverse to bribes and am of a very low moral character. And tall, and
VERY good looking.

Please note: I promise, no flowerpots will be involved and in case of
rain, everyone will get wet.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///