Rollbar Manufacturer Question

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rollbar Manufacturer Question
From: "Michael Graziano" <mgraziano@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 19:13:25 -0400
All,

I have a question on Rollbars.

I recently purchased a nice roll bar from a Spridget lister for my '78
Midget.  The brand is Hobrecht.  Pics of it are at

http://www.herbytoys.com/Auction_Images/Rollbarmount.jpg
http://www.herbytoys.com/Auction_Images/SpriteRollbar.jpg

But I also have an option to purchase a Autopower Industry Rollbar.  The AI
bar has a sticker on it that says Autopower Industries - SEMA - Specialty
Equiptment Manufactures Association

Price is similar.

WHich is a better rollbar?  My main goal is safety.  I don't really race it
other than an autocross once a year, but with all these damn soccer-mom SUVs
around,  I am a little concerned about side impacts and rollovers.  I
understand that these probably aren't scca or vintage racing rollbars (as
they are probably welded in),  but I'm hoping that you folks may know which
one will provide better protection.

One note,  the autopower bar bolts from the top in all four connection
points, whereas the hobrecht bolts from the top in the 2 back,  but the
front bolts in from the front and top. (see pic)

Thanks for all the help.

Mike

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list