Grattan Vintage races

To: team-thicko <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Grattan Vintage races
From: Gary Speckman <speckman@coredcs.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 15:38:25 -0500
Another vintage race weekend is history.  Western Michigan provided
beautiful weather on Friday and Saturday, and rain on Sunday morning.  A
large variety of cars showed up and there was plenty of track time.
Thicko Flounder's new aerodynamic Sprite looked great and after a few
bugs were ironed out, ran well for the Meatball Small bore Enduro, held
in the rain on Sunday morning.  The Grattan track is one of the most
challenging out there, with many elevation changes, off camber corners
and tight hairpins.  A real treat to drive.

Phil and Judy Cull, the event coordinators, did another outstanding job
for everyone, our thanks go out to them for all their hard work.

Great racing, great people.

If you are so inclined my son has posted a bunch of pics from the event
at:

http://www.speckmanphotography.com/

For you Formula Vee fans, be sure to check out the pics of these open
wheelers racing in the rain, its quite a treat.  I think they are on
pages 6, 7 and 8.

We're getting ready for Road America the weekend of Sept 21-23.  Come on
out and join us.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///