chapped asses, and dishwashers

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: chapped asses, and dishwashers
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 21:43:01 -0500
Hey y'all,

SO, I'm thinking as I deep clean and organize my garage for the first time
in 16 years...."Man, I've got a lot of shit..." So, every Friday AM I'm out
to meet the garbage man and slip him $10 to take the extra piles, and dump
the extra cans. I'm sorting through stuff, purging things, organizing
spares... even have hopes of an inventory system someday. Many of these old
parts and spares can really use a cleaning. I'm not sure about you, but I've
never had too much luck with the standard Buffalo Bob/Harbor Freight style
partswashers. Usually, the motor on the pump craps out right as you're
trying to flush the mung out of your oil cooler 2 days before  a race
weekend.

Which leads me to the next part of this story... chapped ass and a
dishwasher. Years ago my now ex-wife and I were having a discussion on the
merits of a dishwasher. I figured that just once in a blue moon my 2 young
daughters ought to help with the dishes (yeah, like that was gonna happen).
The bottom line was, we really couldn't afford it at that particular time.
So, off I go on a business trip, come home, and what to I find, but a $600
dishwasher. Arrgghhh. (That's the part that chapped my ass...)

Fast forward... wife is now an "ex", and I haven't used the dishwasher in
the 4 1/2 years. ingo.. the light goes on in my devious little brain...
yep...I've got a $600 partswasher sitting unused in the kitchen. I't a
"portable'.. so if I clog it up, it's relatively easy to get to stuff. So,
the question is, any of you out there ever used your dishwasher as a
partswasher? Any tips? Standard dishwashing detergent?

I think I'm gonna start with a 948 block, an oil pan, and other assorted
engine tin....

WST