Re: Mid America and Loooooong Race

To: soavero@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Mid America and Loooooong Race
From: "craig bielat" <thickosehaskel@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 17:28:27 -0500
> > Council baptism by being
> > punted in the right rear fender by a clueless guy
> > driving a shitbox Datsun.

Put on your duct tape numbers! Take out your teeth! It's Midwest Council!
As I was waiting on the grid for Sundays race, the Datsun driver came up and
introduced himself to me. As we did dice a bit in the Sat. race. We talked a
bit about the difference between IT class racing and vintage racing. He was
of the IT class racer and it showed when we got cought up in heavy traffic!
I did lecture him on the vintage spirit and the prices of our vintage cars
as compared to his. And why we have the no contact rules in vintage. If he
didn't get the message from the Stewart, he did when I told him what my car
was, how many were built, and the average selling price for an Elite. His
jaw did drop a bit. Imagine if he did that to an alloy XK-120, he would lose
his house!
Those with that kind of money can do that sort of thing.
I was lucky enough to pick-up on his driving attitude to let him by in the
heavy traffic. Ron was just an innocient victum to his IT class style of
racing. Their race was red flagged to clean-up a 6 car pile up at turn 2.
Reminds me of ELVF this year in the Group 2 sessions and race! Perhaps we're
not that different. Fast Eddie Haskel