RE: research:

To: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: research:
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 13:08:14 -0600
RK,

I really like the results of Elgin cams...

I use the 75-12 cam on motors with 7,000 rpm redline (occasional bursts to
7.5). Has the power band lower than some cams... better grunt out of a
corner... exit speed is king.

On my motors with better parts, (Venolias vs. Heppolite cast pistons)  that
I use an 8,000 rpm redline (occasional bursts to 8.5)I use their 77-12 cam.
While my current motor is lower CR than they like to see with that cam, the
results can't be questioned. It pulls like a train to 8 grand.

I use stock rods, shot peened and stress relieved, nitrided cranks.

Of course, these are all 948 race motors... your mileage may vary...

WST