Re: survey says:

To: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>,
Subject: Re: survey says:
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:21:29 -0800 (PST)
--- "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com> wrote:
> but i have heard problems with seating chrome
> rings..

No direct experience with chrome rings but:

1) I do have experience with some of the highest
technology valves in the world (with exotic coatings
like HVOF and the like).  On some lower temp stuff, we
chrome the valve bores, not the rings, as we much
prefer the rings to wear slightly, as opposed to the
other way around.

2) GM had massive problems in several hundred thousand
305 engines back in the 70s with chrome flaking off of
rings.

I don't know of anyone having issues with Deves rings
- anyone?

=====
Ron Soave

"Chi spende meno spende piu."