RE: well, it's official

To: <willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>, "'Ron Soave'" <soavero@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: well, it's official
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 06:47:02 -0500
Let me illustrate the difference between IL & WI...

Wed., I had to get a new IL driver's license. (Long story, told later).
Typical stop at the IL Sec. of State in IL? Usually schedule 3 hours.
About 150+ people waiting in line. You have to talk to the folks in one
section for plates, and totally different section for driver's licenses, and
even stand in another line for the privilege to pay for this fine service.
Now, I have to admit, it's better than it used to be. They now have chairs.
They've also been weeding out corruption, and, the long time
(read..."union") seem happier, and slightly more polite to the citizens of
IL.

Contrast that to my stop at the DMV in Fond du Lac.

The employee count was 4, the citizen count was 3. Same person behind the
counter handled the licenses, plates, and payment. In and out in 10 minutes,
with polite, friendly folks.

I will not become a Packer fan though...