2nd class citizens Part 1

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2nd class citizens Part 1
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:55:05 -0500
Ok, my Brethren.

First thing I'm going to ask you is. what does Team Thicko do for the VSCDA?
We have team members on the driver's committee. We have members on the board
of directors. We have members in tech. We (the Thicktones) have been the
official entertainment at a number of functions, including Grattan and Fall
Festival. We have hosted a number of enduro lunches. I personally did the
booth announcing, and also sang the National Anthem at the races a few
times. I have worked behind the scenes at ELVF, securing special guest John
Sprinzel at the last minute, and a number of other things. We provide a
social gathering point for meals, entertainment, and camaraderie.

Anything in that list you could disagree with?

So, here's how this went down..

A few weeks ago, I sent out a mail, and copied Shirley, the ELVF Race
Director, Bob Wismer, the VSCDA President, and all of you in ThickoLand. In
that mail, I put out a call for those that will be attending so that we
might coordinate our food efforts. I also announced a 25th reunion concert
of my old partner and I. "Thompson & Rydberg". Typically, many Thickos do
not attend the banquet dinner, and , in this particular instance, since  the
featured marque is Volvo, I expected a fair amount of folks in Thicko
Village for our party

I requested the usual Thicko Village land grab space from Shirley. Many
group ask for and receive reserved space, right?

Her response.

"Sounds like a great time WST! Why don't you make this part of the Friday
night welcome party? We could use some entertainment. The last time the
Thicktones played it was a huge hit.

I would like to consider reserving an island for Team Thicko but I have an
issue with your choosing not to support the event activities.

Shirley"

Huh?

Well, in fact, I'd sent an e-mail to Shirley weeks earlier, to discuss my
idea for the reunion concert, and was willing to offer a Fri. night
performance, but Shirley never returned the e-mail. Even after it was
brought to her attention, she didn't follow up on the offer. Friday is no
longer an option for my partner and I.

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com

www.thicko.com <http://www.thicko.com/>