2nd class citizens Part 2

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2nd class citizens Part 2
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 22:55:43 -0500
Now, apparently since we're not attending the banquet dinner, they won't
reserve space? We're not "supporting the event activities"? Last time I
checked, I entered a race. I didn't enter a banquet. Even if the banquet
dinner was included in our extremely high event entry fee (it isn't. its $30
per person) I would not attend. I don't care for the usual banquet dinner
menu, and, unless I have a particular interest in the speaker, I'm really
not interested in sitting through a speech.

So, my Thicko Brethren, I ask you. do you suppose any other folks that are
requesting (and receiving) reserved paddock space are have to undergo a
check as to whether they're attending the god damn banquet? This is some
serious bull shit. And, based on a number of phone calls I've made to
Thickos, you agree. I considered for a number of days whether I should make
this little f'n power play public.and, after talking to Bob Wismer, I
decided I should.

I'm on the record as having said that I think Bob's been doing a fine job as
club president. I know it's not an easy job, and it takes a significant
amount of personal time to accomplish. But, the gist of Bob's conversation
with me was I should have played the politics in the situation. Well,
frankly, Bob, and other folks involved in dealing with us, the paying
customer, I am getting really tired of trying to find out which VSCDA asses
I need to line up to kiss in order to be treated fairly, let alone with any
respect.

Of course, as many of you know, this kind of thing is not an isolated
incident. There are many other instances where this not a "customer
friendly" attitude shown to us (or others). VSCDA needs to get its
collective head out of its ass and start taking care of club members
(equally).

It seems to me, that the club is willing to use Team Thicko when it suits
them, but we, as a "club within a club", apparently are viewed by some as a
threat. I personally tired of this shit. Are you? It's not just WST that
isn't getting space reserved, it is you too. It's time for you folks to
speak up.

WST

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com