Re: Life in WIsco

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Life in WIsco
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:32:51 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>

At 06:34 AM 9/7/2006, Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:

>So, as we're mere moments from winter in Wisconsin, people turn to other
>activities to stay amused.
==========
Several of us were musing on this at the local tavern last night.

One said "You know how hard it is to get that cement vault open? What
were they thinking?!"

Next guy said, "Yeah, and the casket... they really seal those things
with some kind of special wrench. They probably din't have one of those!"

I said, "You think breaking in is tough.... guess they never heard of
rigor mortis."

Honest.
==========================

Nah, she wouldn't be that stiff anymore, Peter.  Rigor mortis normally only
lasts up to about 3 days and then decaying tissue causes the muscles to
relax again.  She would have been plenty supple.  One could even say
yielding... but I wouldn't.

I remember an interesting one where a guy fell asleep at the kitchen table
in a drunken stupor one night with his legs straight out under the table and
his head slumped over the top of the table... and died like that.  Made for
an interesting silhouette the next morning when the ambulance boys strapped
him down on his back with a sheet over him and with his feet and head up in
the air.  Comical bunch of fellas, they are.

BTW, your bar buddies are a sick lot.

LD