Re[2]: Vacuum Advance

To: tigers@autox.team.net, STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com,
Subject: Re[2]: Vacuum Advance
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 96 16:29:39 PST
     All;

         -In my PAST performance tuning, you can tailor, by springs,
          washers, etc. along with the springs on the weights inside the
          distributor, your advance to your power curve/desired response

         -Another thing, you should match your power valve setting(inches
          of vacuum it opens at) to about 1/2 " before the advance kicks
          in. This way, your mid-range "boost" of gas is timed to your
          advance curve past what your accelerator pump delivers.I've
          adjusted "screamin" 2-barrels all the way up to Olds 455's.

                    Just a thought,

                                    Phil