Re: My Lucky Day!

To: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Subject: Re: My Lucky Day!
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 12:34:32 PDT

>    -Excuse my ignorance...is the 2CV the one with the whole cloth top
>     that slides back? Kind of reminds me of the VW THING that way.
>     I think we see one once in awhile during our car-pool commute.

Yup, looks kinda like they were made entirely of flat sheets except some
had corrugated sides.  There are quite few of them in the Bay Area.  I
think the windows are straight plate (non safety) glass; no compound
curves anywhere.  I've seen them with wicker seats and with just a
piece of canvass stretch between two bars, kinda like one of those
cheapie folding lawn chairs.  As far a I know, they have never been US
legal so I'm mystified as to how any of them ever got licensed for the
road.

>     What the hell does a "truckette" look like? I saw a "flatbed" truck
>     version of a MINI-COOPER once. Is it the same?

Well, they came in a variety of models, including a panel truck(ette).
You've got the right idea, though.

>                              Phil

Roland