Unlimited Speed - Montana Style

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Unlimited Speed - Montana Style
From: Rob Guerra <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 11:28:26 -0700
A different post for you all to read. I just got back from a four day trip
to Great Falls Montana, and while there we decided to take the short trek
(900 miles round trip) to Yellowstone. Well as you all know there is no
speed limit in Montana during the day. This was kinda cool. We zoomed down
to Yellowstone in no time. Drove through and saw that geyser do its thing.

Well, on the way back we got bit. While cruising through the mountains
between Butte and Great Falls at 2:00 am we got passed by none other that a
local county mounty. We slowed down to 80 (I was not driving, thank god) and
in about 3 miles another sheriff was waiting for us to arrive on his
loacation. Bingo - Lights go on and he pulls a dukes of hazard across the
median.

We pulled over and stopped before he got across the center. He walked up and
said"Evenin - I had youall on my radar at 79 mph, license and registration
please". Well after a long delay - he came back and said "I sighted you for
exceeding the Montana Night speed limit of 65 mph - that is a $50.00 fine
payable in CASH to ME."

Good thing we had money. We paid him and off we went. It sure is a good
thing his buddy that originally saw us didnt get a good radar shot on us. We
were doing well over 105 mph!

I guess the moral of my story is - if your going to speed at night in
Montana be prepared to pay on the spot.