Re: Gearing

To: Jim Parent <76276.1555@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Gearing
From: Tom Calvert <calvert@oasys.dt.navy.mil>
Date: Wed, 29 May 96 17:47:34 EDT
>Jim Parent, B9470139

I am running the wide ratio toploader with 2.88's, 13 inch wheels and 185-70
tires.  My engine is a 289HP,  F4B,  600 cfm Holley,  mild head work, C90Z
hydraulic cam, recurved stock dual point and stock (10.5 to 1) compression
ratio.   Local driving gets me 13 mpg on Premium - Highway driving is 20 to
22 mpg.  Best drag time is in the high 14's (right off the street, open rear).

This combination is pretty manageable in traffic.  The only problem is
pulling out on a cold morning.  The best  approach then is to bring the r's
up and let the tires shreik a little.

Tom Calvert