Re: New autocross domestic rivalry?

To: OldeAlp@aol.com
Subject: Re: New autocross domestic rivalry?
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 21:15:52 -0700
OldeAlp@aol.com wrote:

> We've been ragging on Ramon for a long time about Theresia cleaning his clock
> on the track.
>
> Kevin became the newest member of that club at Tigers United in Bakersfield
> this weekend when Marla whipped his hiney.  He has some cockamamie story
> about being distracted by a woman walking across the course while he was
> running and red flags being waved and I'll bet the story is even better by
> now.  I'm sure he'll let us know.

Well I see that SOME people can't keep the truth to themselves long enough
for me to come up with a proper defense.  How about:

a) after I had to stop because someone walked across the track in front of
   me (true), I thought they would automatically grant me FTD so I stopped
trying.
b) too many cones on the track (engineers can't count over 10).
c) my new contact lenses were drying out due to the Bakersfield heat.
d) indian chanting from adjacent pow-wow broke my concentration.
e) track was too hot, tires were too cold, etc., etc...

Actually, anyone (like Ole) who saw Marla beat me at the kart track (where she
passed me on a curve WHILE TURNING AROUND AND WAVING BACK AT ME) knows who is
probably going to be the best driver around here.  I'll just have to keep
trying!

Congratulations to Marla in her first autocross; she did great!
e)