Re: Wood Dash Boards

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood Dash Boards
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 96 16:16 EDT
 Rick Fedorchak wrote:
>    Just a thought.  While solid wood _sounds_ sexy for a dashboard, wouldn't
>    some type of high grade plywood with a veneer on it prove to be superior in
>    actual use ??  Seems it would be more resistant to warpage.

Warpage? Oh, that's part of what is called "patina". This is an easier way
to get "patina" than beating the cr*p out of our cars with knockoff hammers
or other hard objects.

Actually, perhaps I'm getting sold on the idea of a veneer dash. The easiest
way would be to use the existing dash as a template, and get one of those
straight router bits with a following bearing, no? (No, idiot, the easiest way
is to order the new dash already done) I kept a good 2-page post from last
year on reveneering, but no mention of making a new substrate.

BTW, Saturday marks one year I've been on the TigerList. Just wanted to
say thanks to all my cyber-friends for the tech hints, humor and conversation.

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com
(And I'm looking for a tow-behind cement mixer. Any
ideas?)