Re: BOP / Really , Really Small

To: "INTERNET:LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com" <LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com>
Subject: Re: BOP / Really , Really Small
From: David Horton <70544.1507@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 26 Jun 96 02:19:54 EDT
> -Speaking of "1/2 engines", AKA the 1/2 389, who out there remembers the 1/2
> V-8's put into early Chevy Nova'a, if my memory is correct, say about the
early
> sixties?

In a similar vein, I remember reading about an engine shop that perfected a way
of cutting & re-welding the cases of a Porsche 911 6 cylinder engine (as well as
other changes)  to make a 'repro' 4 cylinder Carrera engine.  Sounded like a lot
of work, but it apparently worked great.   Rather expensive, though.

Also, BRM had a V-16 racing engine which they modified into a straight-8 by
having one bank of cylinders act as air pumps ('blowers') to supercharge the
other bank.

And let's not forget about Cadillac's 4-6-8 engine, which would run on 8, 6, or
4 cylinders, depending on load, etc.  I was never impressed with it, as I once
had an old Chevy wagon which did the same thing....

David