Immoral Gray?

To: OldeAlp@aol.com
Subject: Immoral Gray?
From: Harold Hartsell <hartsell@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 1996 19:20:04 -0700
OldeAlp@aol.com wrote:

> Well, Harold, I keep seeing references to your Tiger as "Immoral Gray".  No
> one else seems to have bitten, so what's the story?  Has it lost it's virtue?

Well, my car was originally painted Balmoral Gray. The previous owner painted
it some other shade of gray,
which has since faded to an off-white/gray. Hence, the Immoral Gray title. I
have a love-hate relationship
with Balmoral Gray, and can't decide to repaint it the correct color or opt for
something a little brighter.
I'm leaning towards a champagne color right now. I'm not too concerned about
originality, although my car is
mostly stock and has most of the original equipment. I just don't plan on ever
selling it, and I probably
won't ever have the time to restore it to concours quality. I just want to flog
it once or twice a week and
have it look pretty good for an unrestored hot rod.

As for the Immoral Gray, it actually looks pretty good when the light hits it
just right.... Problem is, I
can't depend on that light!

Harold