Re: Hemmings Motor News

To: "G.S.Sutherland" <G.S.Sutherland@phil.hull.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Hemmings Motor News
From: Steven Laifman <av342@lafn.org>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 1996 07:51:38 +0100
Graeme Sutherland says:

>  I've seen various people talking about Hemming's Motor News on
>this list, and I was wondering how you rate it. I've never seen it on >sale
>here in the UK, and is a really expensive ($165) airmail >subscription to
>order it.

Well, Graeme, while I can't get you a better rate on the magazine, I did
find an answer on who to get Hemmings "virtually" free.  Its on the Web!
(well at least their pages are, although all the listings aren't), as
are a number of other very interesting sites.  Car and Driver has an
article in their August issue talking about them, and listing over three
dozen of them, including their own.  The car and Driver site actually
carries some articles from a few issues back, and August will be on
their page in a few months.  Meanwhile, here are a few of the ones I
have visited that might be of interest:

Car and Driver  (http://www.caranddriver.com)
Hemmings Motor News  (http:www.hmn.com)
AutoWeek   (http:www.autoweek.com)
The Prince of Darkness   (http:www.team.net/sol/solwebs.html) bet you
knew that one.
Car Talk (great fun for NPR fans - here are Click and Clack)
(http:www.cartalk.com)
Ferrari Official Web Site   (http:www.ferrari.it/ferrari/frontesp.html)
and my final contribution,
the BUGATTI web   (http://dutoc74.io.tudelft.nl/bugatti.htm)

There are many sites that will search for cars and parts (found 8 Tigers
and 10 Sunbeams) I didn't include them as most don't recognize what a
Sunbeam or Tiger are, and are U.S.  For the non-web cognescenti, the
last two addresses are in Italy for Ferrari and Delft, Holland
(Netherlands) for Bugatti (?).

Steve
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/