air cleaners

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: air cleaners
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 96 07:54 EDT

And then Rick H. wrote:
>My 2-cents says that NOS is the way to go (although I do not believe that NEW
>old stock air cleaners exist for Tigers) and that reproduction pieces, no
>matter how faithful, would not be attractive to the MAJORITY of Tiger
>collectors.

   I don't follow; don't we all use new bits on our cars? Could we afford
to insist on NOS rubber weatherstripping, for example? If parts that
are unavailable become available again, then isn't that good for every-
one except those who can afford the time & money for tracking down
NOS, or those who have cars that are original and feel that the investment
value (insert rasberry here) of their cars drops because other folks can
restore their Tigers?
   BTW, about the AC air cleaner; is that the AC of Ace and Aceca (among
other obscure cars) fame, or the AC Delco folks, or ???
   Also BTW, if I didn't already have an original air cleaner, I would _immed-
iately_ order one of those neat cast-aluminum units that matches the
LAT 8 valve covers; those look neat! If I didn't have access to those, and I
was missing mine, yeah, I'd buy one of your repros, Phil.
   My $.06 worth.     :-)

Larry Wright, Maryland     "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
1964 Sunbeam Tiger Mk 1   (302/285, T-5)
1996 Nissan 200SX SE-R       ($TB, 17d BTDC)
1992 Toyota pick-up             (Bilstein, Yoko AVS)
ph 301.386.7979                      fax 301.386.5333
and e-mail at home now!      Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com
(And I'm looking for a tow-behind cement mixer. Any
ideas?)