"the route instructions blew away..."

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: "the route instructions blew away..."
From: lrw@aop.com (LARRY WRIGHT)
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 96 14:38 EDT
Roland wrote:
>A few weeks ago I got a note from a friend informing me that a Curta
>Calculator just like the one that's been collecting dust on my book
>case for the past 30 years sold at auction for $1000.  And to think that
>about a year ago my wife was trying to get me to toss it out 'cuz it was
>taking up too much space.

A Curta; tryin' to remember, weren't they used in TSD rallies? Hmmm, let's
all imagine Roland on the local Cobra Club Rallye...

Inst#        Mileage               Description
28             54.802                  left at T.   CAST 137

29             57.011                  right at "Police Station" CAST 0

:-)

BTW, anybody out there rally in their Tiger (or Cobra)? I did two
in the Nissan this spring, nice 'n comfy; beyond the rain both times,
did not figure I could get consistant enough readings off either the
speedo or odo to correct even after the odo leg to use the Garage
Queen.