Re: Louvers.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Louvers.
From: Douglas Pruitt <DOUGLAS.PRUITT@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 09:07:22 GMT
At 06:11 PM 7/10/96 +0000, you wrote:
>My first posting.
>
>'66 Ia (I've had it since ~ '84) w/ lots of UNORIGINAL "improvements",
>"Grabber Blue" (like some '70 Boss 302's), Panasports, Hurst shifter, Al
>heads, bigger valves, balanced, etc., headers ... temp. problems (surprise,
>surprise!).  I have an extra hood I want to louver.  Any suggestions for
>where to have this done.  I live on the west side of Los Angeles (Santa
>Monica) but will do some driving (or shipping) for a good quality:price
>ratio.

>Derrick Schmidt
>dschmidt@hsc.usc.edu

        I was wondering how well the aluminum heads worked. Which ones did
you use?
The traditional place to louver the hood was in two rows over the exhaust
manifold,
but keep in mind that the heat from the louvers will go directly into the
vent inlets
in front of the windsheild. The LAT hood outlets may be a better idea.
Doug Pruitt
Maryland
Narf!