_What _ gears ??

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: _What _ gears ??
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 13:31:47 -0400
Re: 2:88 gears with 5-speeds, Larry Wright wrote:

>BTW, 5th isn't really useful around town, like it would be in an econobox.
The V8 _will_ pull O.K. from those low rpms, but
>the chug-chug-chug emitted is embarrasing.

.....which brings up the  question; what seems to be the best all around
rear gearset to use in a Tiger with the 5-speed installed ??    What's the
overdrive ratio with one ?      0.8:1 ??       0.65:1 ??
 ( As  I remember , 3:08's and 3:31's seem real popular choice  with the
toploader  4-speed. )

        Rick