"Proper" Alpine for sale

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: "Proper" Alpine for sale
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 01:13:38 -0400
Well, the newsletter for the San Diego club went into the mail this
afternoon.  Tonight, I received a call from a guy who wants to put in an ad
to sell his 1953 Sunbeam Talbot Alpine.  Can't do that for him until next
month, so if any of you are interested, here's the poop-

The package includes one Alpine in sound condition - engine is out of car and
all of the new parts for rebuild are ready for it.  He also has an extra
chassis with engine and transmission (the previous owner took the body to
install on a different frame - don't ask).  He is asking $4,500 for the whole
lot, but sounds negotiable.  He has two Jensen's in restoration that are
taking priority and $$$.  Does that make them Tiger cousins?  If interested,
his name is Marc Steer, phone (619) 274-9808.

The usual disclaimer - I have not seen the car or met the seller.  I didn't
know they existed, although only several miles from me.  Joan says that
because I already have two of them plus the fintail, don't even think about
this deal.

Anyone in the Los Angeles/Orange County area that doesn't know what these
beauties look like - stop by the car show portion at Tustin Thunder this
weekend.  OLDE ALP will be one of the 1000 cars in the old Navy blimp hangar
(1000 feet long, 500 feet wide, and 250 feet high - largest enclosed space in
the world when built!)

If that doesn't excite you, 3 Tigers and Steven Alcala's Alpine will be out
on the race course.  Yeah, I'm gonna be watchin' 'em.

"Ole"

P.S.  Ed Pohl posted a request for info on Mark Alpines a while back - don't
have his E-mail address.  Is he on the list or does someone know him to pass
this along?