Re: Block #'s

To: richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov (Rick Fedorchak)
Subject: Re: Block #'s
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 96 8:40:38 PDT
> >The Tiger block will have 3 freeze plugs and the Fairlane block will only
> have two freeze plug holes.  Both will have a bore of approximately 3.8
> inches if they are 260's.
> >Tom Calvert
>

> Hmm.  Interesting.....  They BOTH have three freeze plugs.  I'll have to
> check the bores when I get home.

Sometimes I think I'm seeing double.  A discussion on this very
subject is in progress on the fordnatics list.  One poster, a former
Tiger owner, commented that the 260 in his Tiger only had 2 freeze
plugs, as opposed 3 for a 289 block.

Shouldn't all 260 blocks have a '63 (C3--) manufacturing date?
I'm pretty sure my snake block (5-bolt 289) does.

Roland