!! / Not auto related

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: !! / Not auto related
From: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:35:14 -0400
Just a quick note.

 A  while back I queried members on this and other lists about the
availability of a
I.C. / Semiconductor that I needed to fix my "orphan"  VCR.  As a result I
got a few messages back from people indicating potential parts sources,
indicating they couldn't help......and even a couple of messages mildly
flaming me for having the nerve to post non auto  related items to the list.

Regardless.......   My VCR is now working thanks to _ Jay Laifman _ who, 5
months later, remembered what I was looking for, and generously donated his
malfunctioning VCR for parts.  My suspicion that "car people" don't live in
a vacuum, and have other related interests proved correct.  Also reinforced
was my suspicion that "car people" are the best..........

But hey.....if anybody knows where I can find I.C. # TA7245F, gimme a
holler.  I still wouldn't mind having one as a spare on the shelf.....