RE: Where's my K&N ??

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Where's my K&N ??
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 20:25:09 -0700
        Well, the Filter on my old 65 Series IV with the Solex Whistling 2
barrel had a steel screen top cover that looked like BIG chicken wire
(cross hatched) stamped out of a single peice of steel.  The inside of
the filter was a mesh of very corse steel wool like material.  It kept
out the gravel pretty well, and if you coated it with a very sticky oil
like I alway did, it kept out most of the sand and dust too.  I used
either marvel mystery oil, STP, Barhdahl, or sometime my motorcycle
Chain lube which was very sticky.  It worked well.

Rich