RE: Grill trim removal.

To: <JEFF_CARTER@HP-Cupertino-om5.om.hp.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Grill trim removal.
From: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Aug 96 12:46:43 EDT
FORWARDED MESSAGE from  (MAIL @ CSERVE
{INTERNET:JEFF_CARTER@HP-Cupertino-om5.om.hp.com}) at 8/19/96 9:18p

TO: MAIL@CSERVE {INTERNET:TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET}

Sender: tigers-owner@autox.team.net
From: JEFF_CARTER@HP-Cupertino-om5.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 96 18:54:38 -0600
Subject: Grill trim removal.
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-tigers@triumph.cs.utah.edu

Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     Was stripping the trim in the grill this weekend.  The only piece I'm
     unsure of how to remove is the trim at the bottom of the grill
     opening.  It appears I can drill out the rivits from the underside but
     if the trim can just pop off, I'd sure like to know how.  Any advice
     from the community is appreciated.

     Thx,

     Jeff
***** NOTES from Jay Laifman (JLAIFMAN @ PNM) at 8/20/96 9:35a
Jeff,

I used a small putty knife to slide under and pop the finisher off.  I
was not happy with the method - though I did not bend the finisher or
scratch the paint, but this was before it was going to be painted anyway.

One of the "snaps" that hold down the finisher wore/chipped off, so that
it no longer held the finisher down.  I just found out that Sunbeam
Specialties carries little plastic ones which I bought.  They are pretty
neat and easy to install.  I wonder if anyone has used them.  Rather than
the little circle "snaps", they are long rectangles (1/2" long or so).  My
concern is that they will make it even harder to take off the finisher the
next time - or do you just pull the little plastic push rod out from the
bottom to release them?

Jay Laifman