Re: Better to Have Loved...

To: geoff_cline@mailgate.patagonia.com
Subject: Re: Better to Have Loved...
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 22:39:44 -0400
geoff_cline@mailgate.patagonia.com wrote:

>      Having solved my problem of last week (new battery and some "seat
>      time" so as not to flood the engine when re-starting when engine is
>      warm), the Tiger is running great, is tremendous fun and... I need to
>      sell it.
>
>      There's a long story but the bottom line is I need a bigger car and
>      can't afford/justify owning two cars.
>
>      So, here's the details. B9470757 Red w/black interior w/red piping.
>      Immaculate in and out.  LAT 70 wheels (and original steel wheels with
>      good rubber and hub caps). Very stock/original (steering wheel,
>      shifter,guages, etc.). Brand new Spax all around; new Die hard Gold
>      battery. Two restorable hard tops (including trim) (one in VERY good
>      condition, one rough); new hard top restoration kit in box. Tonneau
>      and soft are clean. Extra carbs, 2 sets aluminum valve covers, posi
>      traction unit. Indoor and outdoor car covers (2). Original CA car with
>      black plates still on it (NNL 791). Price $18,000.
>
>      I did a lot of looking and research before buying, and i=this is the
>      cleanest, most original car I saw.  My heat is already breaking...but
>      I'm not in any rush.       If you know someone who wants a beautiful,
>      good driving Tiger, have them call me.  Work (805) 667-4777; home
>      (310) 822-0901.

My GOD, man!  Don't do it.

Use the car for a collateral loan, sell something else, get a BIG old
American land yacht (they're pretty darned cheap).  DO ANYTHING, but
don't give up your Tiger or you will live to regret it.

I sympathize, really.  But it sounds like a wonderful car.  I only wish
I had the assets to take it off your hands.  Sorry to say I do not.

Seriously, try anything else before selling a car you'll never be able
to buy back.  (Sorry if I just made you feel worse about the
inevitable.) :-)
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS