Panasports

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Panasports
From: "Ron Franklin" <oldhaven@biddeford.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 1996 13:49:31 -0500
I'm posting this for my brother in Michigan, who is just finishing up his
Mk II, and has a few questions.

The car came with 7x13 Panasports and racing tires.  He plans to use it on
the street only and doesn't like the way the tires protrude in the front,
though the rear is fine.  Does the offset differ for the front and rear on
these wheels?  It doesn't on his and he is wondering if he has 4 rear
wheels.  He might be interested in trading his front wheels for 6 inch x 13
inch Panasports but doesn't want to bother if they have the same offset and
only
marginally improve the tire protrusion with new narrower tires.

He also had an opportunity to see the inside of his rear axle recently.
(Don't ask him why.)  He has a fairly antique looking posi unit in there
with contemporary dates on the castings, 3.07 gears, and a finned aluminum diff
cover.
Is this possibly the original LAT option I see mentioned in some lists?

I'm kind of curious about this stuff myself so please post replies to the
list, and I'll pass them on, but if you want to talk to him about a wheel
swap his tel no is
Steve Franklin
517-372-9135.

Ron Franklin, (looking forward to family get togethers at Tiger meets;  I
have a Mk I)

Bowdoin, Maine, USA