Re: Rusted Seat Belt Bolts

To: larryall@pacbell.net, owner-tigers@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Rusted Seat Belt Bolts
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 96 06:38:27 -0600
     My bolts didn't break, but I did have a hell of a time getting them
     out.  The threads on the bottom end of the bolts are out in the
     weather, so they get all rusty (I'm in New England). I had to wire
     brush the hell out of them.  I wish I had my Dremel tool back then.
     Even with that, and lots of Liquid Wrench and torch work, they turned
     out real hard.

     Depending on where the bolt broke, it might be easier to turn it in,
     rather than out.  The threads on the inside are probably not as rusty,
     so once you get it free, it might go easier.  Does anyone make an
     "Easy-In"?

     Worst case, drill the whole thing out, and put nuts and big washers on
     the back.

     Stu