It Runs!

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: It Runs!
From: Bill Cartus <Bill.Cartus@bridge.bst.bls.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 07:41:15 -0600
Tiger Dudes!

First, thanks for the tips, advice, and offers on heater cores & slave
cyls. I found a local guy that had an Alpine core that was in perfect
condition ($30 - more than I had intended to pay, but I was getting
anxious), then I lucked into a Triumph spitfire slave rebuild kit that
used the same exact rubber cup that mine uses.. for just $3.00!

Bottom line - After a total engine rebuild, I cranked up my 260 on the 3rd
brief try, and varoom... it worked. After the lifters had a chance to
oil-up, it still ran rough, but only because my 4 bbl had an open vacuum
tube that required sealing. Then... purrrr! What a great feeling. The car
still looks like crap, but it runs great! And my new heavy duty clutch
worked flawless with my rebuilt slave! I'm gettin' close to that Orlando
drive now.

Thanks for listening and all the great replies... what a great list! See
(some of) you in Orlando!

Bill Cartus
65 Tiger  B9471131