California Drivin'

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: California Drivin'
From: geoff_cline@mailgate.patagonia.com
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 96 11:53:33 PST
     So there I am.  Going home about 6:00; travelin' south on Pacific
     Coast Highway.  I had a brief encounter with a Miata near Pt.
     Mugu...the Tiger displayed its superior handling in the curves (and
     pedigree) admirably.

     A short while later, the Miata passed me (near Malibu).  We had some
     "cat and mouse" type fun but I tired of the game and just let it
     go...while the Tiger purred @ 3800 rpm.

     I noticed a car in my rear view mirror, but due to its unique "wide
     angle view" it took a while before I noticed the distinctive light bar
     atop the car behind me.  Imagine my surprise when the Sheriff pulled
     along side and exclaimed "Great car.  Don Adams was my hero!  But
     yours looks even nicer than his.  Have a good drive."

     I did.