Re: TE/AE UNITED XVIII - ORLANDO,FL

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TE/AE UNITED XVIII - ORLANDO,FL
From: "Randy Zimmermann" <RZIMM@hhh.umn.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 09:02:44 CST
> Date sent:      Tue, 15 Oct 1996 06:24:32 -0600
> From:           Bill Cartus <Bill.Cartus@bridge.bst.bls.com>
> Subject:        TE/AE UNITED XVIII - ORLANDO,FL
> To:             <tigers@autox.team.net>
> Send reply to:  Bill Cartus <Bill.Cartus@bridge.bst.bls.com>

> Just a public note of thanks to Gary Schotland & the many people who put
> on the United down in sunny Florida. We had a great time with the drag
> races, concours, cruise night, autocross, great parts room, tech sessions,
> etc. I'm only sorry I had to leave before the banquet, so I didn't get to
> hear the winners (or get a door prize).
>
> There were some 50 plus Tigers & Alpines there (a Rapier & Alpine GT too).
> Jim Morrison's Tiger was tops with those dual F4B's sitting under the
> hood. Someone asked why 2 carbs and his response was, "because I couldn't
> fit THREE!". Works for me.
>
> I'll let Gary or someone else provide a more detailed write up, but if you
> were in the southeast area and didn't make it, you really missed a great
> event. Weather was perfect, people were great, cars were awesome. Can't
> wait till the next one. Thanks again to all of you who planned and the
> great hosts in Orlando.
>
> Bill Cartus
> 65 Tiger B9471131

I'd like to second Bill's note of thanks to those responsible for
organizing the TE/AE United; Gary, to be sure, and also to John and
Jean Webber who were very gracious hosts and organizers.  There were
many others that I hope will be recognized later in this and other
forums.

As a newcomer both to Tiger ownership and to TE/AE it was a very
valuable experience and rewarding in terms of the friendliness of
everyone there and their willingness to share their experience and
technical know-how.  I wasn't able to drive mine there since-- as
I've posted before-- I'm in the process of tearing it down for an
appointment with the body shop next week.  But having the opportunity
to get up close to so many Tigers (Alpines, too) and look them over
(under, inside, and out) and talk to the owners was very instructive
and inspirational.  I hope I can recapture that feeling when I'm
struggling with putting everything back together next spring!

Randy Zimmermann
St. Paul, MN
'66 MkIa (B382002349)