RE: Hello, Filters, Tach, +Ground

To: "'Bob Goyden'" <bobg@globaltrav.com>
Subject: RE: Hello, Filters, Tach, +Ground
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 1996 18:48:50 -0700
        When I added an Blaubunkt (sp) 8-Track (Yes, they actually made one),
to my Alpine back in the 70's, I was aware of the polarity difference,
and carefully isolated the unit from the body.  I used an Ohm meter to
test the antena lead.  Normally, the antena is isolated from the body to
reduce ignition / generator / alternator noise from the radio.  I
checked mine and it had no contact from either shield side, or the
center lead of the coaxial cable.  So I plugged it in, and it worked
fine.  Just check the antena lead with an ohm meter to make sure it is
isolated.  If it is, plug it in and GO.  If not, check the antena and
make sure that it is....It is Supposed to be isolated for the above
reasons.

Rich