RE: Renault Spin on Filter

To: tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Renault Spin on Filter
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 96 08:27:00 PDT
>  In any case, higher restrictions in the filter is not the best of ideas.
 If
>  it works how rich suggested (which it very well may for some makes) it is
>  not only a bad idea but could potentially be a catastrophy!!

I've used the small filter on the street car for five or six years now, and
I used it on the autocrosser for two or three seasons---all without
consequence, catastrophic or otherwise.

Nonetheless, I do not believe the small  filter to be an optimal solution
to the Tiger's oil plumbing "opportunity".   It IS, however,  a solution
that
is easy to implement, and it DOES stop the inherent hemorrhaging of the
original setup.

Ramon
rs11@ElSegundoCA.ncr.com