Re: Spin on oil filter

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spin on oil filter
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 1996 14:30:48 -0700
Rich,

I also have the remote single filter mounted behind the left headlight
(courtesy of the PO) similar to the one that Ed Schafer described in
his post about that setup having a hose come loose.  So far, for me, it
works really well if for no other reason than easy oil changes (also
has a cooler in-line).

I'm especially grateful to Ed Schafer for this alert to potential
problems with this setup - I'll keep an eye on those fittings from now
on, and my condolences, ED, on having to rebuild that motor.

This is the reason why I feel that an "idiot" light for oil pressure is
more important than just having a gauge.  A red light is more likely to
be quickly noticed than a casual swing to zero of an inconspicuous
gauge.  Use both.  Something we used down on the farm years ago was a
pressure switch that cut power to the coil if there was a drop in oil
pressure, but that requires an override switch that had to be activated
every time you started the engine.  Just a thought.

Don Daves      <dondaves@ix.netcom.com>
Santa Cruz, CA.
65 Tiger (his)
64 1/2 Mustang conv. (hers)