Re[2]: Oil Filter System

To: rob_hogan@michweb.net, Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re[2]: Oil Filter System
From: LeBrun@hii.hitachi.com
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 96 13:25:09 PST
     For my money, if I used AL, I'd check the "certs" and see if the
     fittings were  made from 6061 T0, (high Copper, no tempering) vs. a
     more brittle 5XXX or 7XXX series Aluminum, T2-T6.

     -For example, the 6XXX series is used for vibration resitance and
     extreme radius forming: 6061 sheet-metal can be bent in a press to
     a 180-degree radius, essentially making a "folded sheet", which in the
     case I cite, was cheaper than having the mill do it for us.

     -6061 in billet stock run off a screw machine for fittings would be
     the way to go.

                                  Phil