Re: Thermal Efficiency Award Car

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Thermal Efficiency Award Car
From: DSand95510@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 1996 03:54:07 -0500
In a message dated 96-11-26 22:23:58 EST, JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM
(Jay Laifman) writes:

>I previously inquired if anyone knew of the present location of the
>Alpine that won the Thermal Efficiency Award.  Well, I just found a
>reference to it.  According to Chris McGovern's book, it was found on
>March 31, 1977 by Clive Harrington, the son of the Harrington company
>that made the winning car.  He bought it, and as of the 1980 printing of
>the book, he was restoring it.  This is the car with the really slick
>looking covered headlights - sort of Jaguar/Aston Martin looking.
>
>So, does anyone have contact with Clive to get more information?
>
>Jay Laifman

I believe a that either Classic & Sportscar or Thoroughbred & Classic had an
article about four years ago covering the history of the car and its
restoration by Clive Harrington.  The car has been displayed at a number of
English shows since then.

SAOC's "Horn" #97 from about two+ years ago contains a letter from Clive
Harrington, covering some of the details of the LeMans car and Harrington
history.

Dick Sanders