Holly 1850 with Edelbrock 289 Performer

To: "'tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Holly 1850 with Edelbrock 289 Performer
From: Bennett Cullen <p21988@gegpo8.geg.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 96 08:16:00 MST
>>Has anyone had any experience with the Edelbrock carb on a Tiger with
>>a modified 302?
>>
>>What changes were needed?  What type and brand manifold are you using
>>with it?  What are the other mods to your engine?
>>
>>And the big one: How do you like it?
>>
>>Thanks, Ray

>Hey, same questions with the following:
>
>stock '67 (9.3:1)  289 (I think.. except it has a hiV/P oil pump and
>screw in studs,
 >                   and Mallory dual point dist)
>
>289 Performer Edelbrock manifold
>Holley 600  (list 1850 vacuum secondaries)
>
>I'm gettin ready to install this setup on my new Tiger this weekend!

Gary,
I have just that combination on my Tiger, moderately warmed 289 with an
Edelbrock 289 Performer manifold  and a Holly 1850 sitting atop of it all. I
personally like it. The only modification to the carb is the removal of a
ball bearing check valve in the vacuum diaphragm area for the secondary
(gives a little quicker response) and the primary jets were changed from #66
to #69. The secondary plate is a #77. I am running a MSD straight mechanical
distributor with the Ford HEI ignition module.

While I am on the soap box I would like to announce that there is a "new"
Sunbeam owner to be added to the ranks in the Phoenix area. I sold my
project Alpine to Ron Reinbach last evening. With a little love and some
work he will be on the road with the rest of us "Beamers". Thanks to
whomever it was that forwarded my 'for sale' posting on to him. It worked
out great for everyone.

Cullen in Tempe B9472658