Book reviews, tiger parts sources,etc...

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Book reviews, tiger parts sources,etc...
From: rande@thecia.net (Rande Bellman)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 11:59:00 -0500 (EST)
Lot's to catch up on since the New Years week on the Tiger Net.

I see several folks found a copy of the book SUNBEAM ALPINE AND TIGER in
their stocking this year. For those who don't yet have a copy, but have the
Langworth book,the two appear on the surface to be of similar tone and fact
content. I"m hoping to do a fair review for the newsletters soon. But for
now, I share the same doubt about Tiger/Jensen sledge hammer stories as
others. If you accept the fact that Jensen received bodies fully trimmed
and painted, was the gentleman with the sledgehammer working side-by-side
with another bloke with about 15 assorted spray bombs of Rootes colors at
the ready to touch up the damage from the previous stage? If Rootes had
enough foresight to plan for a different transmission tunnel, could they
have also figured in a different wheel well unique to the Tiger, also?

To Duane Kanar in Puyallup, Washington, first, have you traded in your
recently inherited Tiger for a boat, yet. From Boston, it seemed all we
heard about the Northwest and Wine Country was the horrible snow and rain
dumped on you. Having just two months ago undergone flooding here to my
basement, with just the loss of a few Tiger parts and old magazines, this
stuff can become very sobering when it affects the main living quarters and
roads, as it seems to have done in your area. I hope you faired well in
that respect.

As far as buying Tiger parts, The CAT parts warehouse is a good source. The
best by far is Sunbeam Specialties near San Jose (408)371-1642 and
fax(408)371-8070.The easiest way for me to tell you how extensive Rick
McLeod's inventory is is to have you visualize your neigborhood Toyota
dealers parts department. Now, substitute everything Sunbeam for everything
Toyota. There are several guys (and one gal, Kathy of the CAT parts
warehouse) who are excellent references for locating Tiger/Alpine parts,
Norm Miller, Tiger Tom, and Gary Schotland coming to mind. But it all
begins with Sunbeam Specialties. I say this as someone who knows and
considers as friends folks who are personally unhappy with Ricks store, as
someone who manages an Acura parts department, and as someone who has
visited Ricks store twice, never mind how much I've ordered over the phone
from him.

Rande Bellman / Boston