Re: Amber Tail Lights

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Amber Tail Lights
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:25:43 -0500
At 02:31 PM 1/20/97 EST, Jay Laifman wrote:
>I just ordered a pair of the Amber Tail Lights from Sunbeam Specialties.
>They come with the threaded bolt in them and my tail lights have the
>screw that goes from the outside through the top of the lense.  Shelly
>says that they haven't heard of any problems with people tapping out the
>bolt and drilling through.  Anyone out there actually do it?  Any words
>of advice?

Or you can drill out the tapped hole in the tail-light assembly and run the
screw through that -- machts nichts.  But if you drill the plastic out, go
slowly as the drilling builds up heat and the plastic CAN shatter.  I've
done four of these a couple of decades back and may soon have to do more --
but I recall it as calling for more caution than I customarily display.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!