torker manifold(was stuck float)

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: torker manifold(was stuck float)
From: Michael McBeth <mcbeth19@mail.idt.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:18:45 -0600
I have an Edelbrock Torker with a Carter AFB on my '65. It fits under
the stock hood (_just_ barely) with the stock air cleaner. It works fine
on my car with a mildly upgraded cam; a dual plane manifold would have
been my choice except that I also have a Nitrous system. The plate style
I have won't work with an unmodified dual plane manifold. As I think
about it the carb/manifold fit under the hood easily, it was the Nitrous
plate which makes it a tight fit. The Torker was replaced by the Torker
II manifold in the late '80's: supposedly the II is better in the bottom
end (weaker in the top RPM). They probably haven't replaced the Torker
II since the Mustang boy's all have injected engines now. By the way I
ran a Holley 500 CFM 2-bbl for a while which was a step up from stock,
but the 4BBl is better at both gas mileage and power. Used intake
manifolds are cheap and plentiful, if you've got the time to hunt (I got
mine free).

Michael McBeth