Re: Spark plugs & ignition wires

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spark plugs & ignition wires
From: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 21:10:07 -0800
Stu:
        Saw your posting and thought maybe I would offer my opinion.  As far as
the plugs are concerned, there are probably better plugs out there but I
have always stuck with Autolites.  I'm sure I don't know as much as some of
these other guys that regularly post here, but I have always gotten good
service out of Autolite plugs (and no, I don't work for Autolite).
        I do, however, have a strong recommendation as far as plug wires go.
The
best set of wires that I have ever used for street driving is the "Belden"
brand.  These are available at most NAPA stores.  The reason I like them so
much is that they seem to last a long time and THEY FIT!!  I have tried
several sets of plug wires for 260/289 engines and the Beldens are the only
ones that seem to be cut to fit perfectly on one of our motors.  I ran them
exclusively on my '65 Shelby after the reproduction solid core wires I
bought started creating a light show under the hood (that's another
story...last set of those I will ever try).  You might try the Belden wires
and see what you think.  Good luck!

                                                Andy Walker
                                                Edmond, OK
                                                B382001600