Re: Sunbeam Tiger and Maxwell Smart

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sunbeam Tiger and Maxwell Smart
From: DSand95510@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 03:01:45 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-13 21:16:51 EST, av342@lafn.org (Steven Laifman)
writes:

>As I remember it, Maxwell drove two different cars, depending upon the
>season.  The first was a Karmann-Ghia VW, and the next was the Tiger......

Actually, the car first used in the opening sequence was a Ferrari (pilot
episode), followed by the Tiger, then the Karmann Ghia, and finally the Opel
GT.

An Alpine V was used for almost all of the shots during the show itself
("Bring in the stunt car!!"), even after the Tiger had been replaced by the
Karmann-Ghia in the opening.  During the last season, Max drove a white
Mustang convertible once or twice.

Dick Sanders