Wheels, Hub Caps and Trim Rings

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheels, Hub Caps and Trim Rings
From: Robert Reynolds <rlr@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 19:21:12 -0800
I've reached the point in the restoration of my Tiger 1a that I need to
start seriously thinking about wheels.  My car came with two sets of
wheels:

        1. Aluminum 13 x 5.5 wheels that have 'Shelby "Cal. 500"' cast
        into the inside surface, (but no center hubs or nuts)

        2. Steel Tiger Wheels, (but no trim rings or hub caps).

I am trying to keep the car as original as I can without blowing my
restoration budget.

I'm looking for some advice.  Should I keep the aluminum wheels?  I've
never seen a tiger with this type of wheel on it.  Should I use the steel
wheels?  Is there anyone or anywhere that I could buy hubcaps and trim
rings at a reasonable price?

Bob Reynolds
Connecticut