Wheel Studs

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wheel Studs
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 20:42:04 -0500
At 02:36 pm 3/7/97 -0800, you wrote:
>We broke a rear wheel stud  on our tiger is there any way to change it with
>out pulling the hub?? Thanks Lorie
>
>lorie@intercoast.com
>Armand & Lorie Ritchie

Lorie,
        You can install a shorter stud without removing the hub.
The stud should be as long as possible and still be able to get it
started in the hole left by the old stud.  Use a washer and an old lug nut to
pull the stud into place after you get it started. The old
stud can be driven out with a punch and a hammer.
A parts store with a Doreman stud assortment can be searched
for the correct replacement stud.  You may have to grind off the
end to get the proper length.  Recommend replacing at least two
studs, (across from each other) for balance.  Don't go back to
the tire store that used the 180 ft lb air wrench on your little
7/16" studs.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others