Traction Masters

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Traction Masters
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 19:53:19 -0500
At 01:53 pm 3/3/97 EST, you wrote:

>     I'm relatively new to Tigers, so traction bars are new to me.  Are
>     traction bars worthwhile for a stock unmodified Tiger? My car has the
>     original 260 and the only improvement I plan to make is adding a 4 bbl
>     carb and manifold. I don't see the engine generating more than 200hp
>     overall.  From what I understand, traction bars are supposed to
>     eliminate wheel hop when accelerating.  Could wheel hop be controlled
>     by installing good shocks, like Koni or Spax?  Any info is
>     appreciated.
>

>     Jeff
Jeff,
       Wheel hop can be controlled by slowly accelerating.  I found that stiffer
shocks were  hard on my back.  If you accelerate hard and get wheel hop,
I recommend the Traction Masters or equivilent.  The bolt on rectangular
bar with a rubber snubber at the front that you see on chevs normally
hangs down too much for good ground clearance.  Not recommended.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others