VIN tag removal

To: modtiger@engraver.com
Subject: VIN tag removal
From: Bob Jones <bjones@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 17:48:54 -0800
Tom,

My name is Bob. I've owned two Tigers in the past,and recently purchased
a basket case Tiger from the east coast. All parts seem to be the real
McCoy, (at least as I remember them) right down to the air cleaner.
Concidering the shape the car is in,(Rust everywhere, and dismantled)
I've been toying with two possible  synarios concerning  this cars
future.  You seem to be knowledgeable in this this arena so I hope I can
pick your brain just a bit.
The gentleman I bought the car from had dismantled and sanded this car in
preperation for new paint, which is great, but, he removed the VIN tags
in his attempt to be as detailed as possible prepping for paint.
Can this car ever be a Tiger, sense the rivets will no longer be
original??
Please understand, I want this car no matter what, I just need to make up
my mind as to the direction I go in,  Restored, or bearly streetable
modified. Either way works for Me
Both of the Tigers I owned in the past have been modifieds, I ran them in
Solo II, solo I events, and in several of the Golden State Grand Prix's,
up to it's demise many years back. May have even crossed paths (or
apex's) with you in the mid 70's.
What's your opinion?        Bobby Jones, San diego, B382001345RXFE